Universal Orlando Giveaway
Fairy Tale Concierge is at it again! We're giving away another Universal Orlando vacation!
One very lucky winner will receive a 3 day, 3 night Universal Orlando vacation for up to 4 people! Better yet, you'll get to use the advisor of your choosing (hint, hint!) to plan the whole thing!
Details about this incredible giveaway will be posted soon! In the meantime, make sure that you're following my Facebook and Instagram pages for giveaway information as soon as it's posted!
If you'd like even more information about travel news and updates, be sure to join my email list for exclusive information, travel news, and pixie dust straight to your inbox! Enter your email below to join!
Can't wait to travel to Universal Orlando Resort? Become a concierge client and get personalized booking, planning, and more from yours truly!
Gift Guide: Road Trip
Whether you're heading near or far, there's nothing like a road trip! Keep reading to learn everything that will make your next road trip successful, even for your tiniest travelers!
While these are great for while your kiddos are in the stroller, never underestimate a stroller fan in the car! This popular stroller fan clips easily onto car seats, too, making it essential for any traveling family.
Kids Travel Tray
This travel tray absolutely does it all! Truly the holy grail of all travel trays. Your kids will stay happy, engaged, and content, which makes for an enjoyable car ride for everyone. The dry-erase board doubles as an eating tray, and even has zipper storage pouches on the side for snacks, art supplies, toys, and more. Plus, there's even a tablet stand that actually secures the tablet in place. Need I say more?
One of the hardest parts about a road trip is actually keeping everything organized. Keep purses, backpacks, diaper bags, water bottles, and more off of the floor and within reach. This best-selling headrest hook actually comes in a pack of 4. No hardware required!
Car Trash Can
No more loose wrappers in the car! This car trash can actually has a cover and holds up to 1.85 gallons! The adjustable, elastic strap allows you to hang this wherever you need it and guarantees no spills. Better yet, it's both compact and foldable when not in use.
Kick Mats (with organizer!)
Say goodbye to scuff marks and wet footprints on the back of your car's seats! This 2-pack of kick mats also include mesh pockets for storage! You'll protect your car's upholstery, all while giving your family a little extra storage space. This is also great for pets!
There are tons of great ways to keep your kids occupied in the car. For a little break from screen time, an activity book is an excellent alternative. These Melissa & Doug activity books actually feature reusable stickers! There are tons available from princesses to dinosaurs to pets and more!
Travel Planning Binder
Plan the perfect road trip (and destination!) with this printable travel planner from Etsy. Everything from budgeting to packing and everything in between can stay organized with this planner!
Plan the Perfect Trip
Is Disney or Universal your road trip destination? If so, contact me to become a concierge-level client! Not sure if a travel advisor is right for you?I offer complimentary vacation consultations to help decide if I'm the right fit!
Printable Travel Planner
My popular printable travel planners are now available for instant download in my Etsy shop, Dani's Travel Templates! 2 different versions are available. A minimalist design and ear hat design. Each planner features over 20 printable pages!
To receive a discount code on every single purchase in my Etsy shop, join my newsletter! Use the link at the bottom of the page to sign up.
These printable planners have everything you need from pre-planning to post-travel. Packing, budgeting, saving, and more! 20+ different types of planning pages included.
Perfect for organizing plans for anything from a short getaway to month-long excursions. Ideal for Disney, Universal, beaches, all-inclusive resorts, cruises, international travel, and more!
Each Planner Includes 5 Sections:
Section 1: Planning
*Daily Planner (Hour-by-Hour Plans, Meals, Must-Do Attractions, Notes, Extras)
Section 2: Budget
*Travel Savings Tracker
*Travel Budget (Transportation, Accommodations, Food, Activities, Souvenirs, Extras)
Section 3: Dining
*2 Types of Planning Pages to plan meals for each day
Section 4: Packing & Prep
*House Sitter Notes
*Emergency Contact Page
*Souvenirs to Buy
*Before You Leave Home Checklist
Section 5: Notes
*General Notes Pages (lined and unlined)
*2 Types of Bucket List pages!
I know, I know. You planned your trip to Walt Disney World and that forecast is calling for rain every day. Never fear! I'm sharing my pro tips for how to handle the inevitable rain during your trip.
Plus, a rainy day at Walt Disney World is STILL better than a sunny day anywhere else, right?
First things first. It rains almost every single day in Florida. This is typically a short afternoon storm followed by beautiful weather. However, there are days where it rains all day long, particularly if there's a nearby tropical storm or hurricane. Make sure that you're prepared with a reliable weather forecast and a perfectly packed park bag.
Grab my park bag packing checklist below!
FREE Park Bag Packing Checklist
Park your park bag like a pro! Grab this checklist freebie!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
Of course, as soon as raindrops start falling, thousands of people are going to run to the nearest indoor spot. (Usually they'll head towards shops or quick-service dining spots.) However, if you've got a great minute-by-minute weather forecast, you can beat the rainy rush to a much better spot. Below are a few family-friendly indoor attractions that help kill the time while you wait out the rain.
Make a Dining Reservation
This one will take some advance planning. However, since most pop-up storms in Central Florida happen anytime between 1-4 pm, make an advanced dining reservation during this time. This will guarantee that you will be happily indoors during those storms. My clients always get my personalized dining recommendations and tips as part of my concierge services. Contact me to learn how to become a concierge-level client.
Embrace the Rain
Life's all about dancing in the rain, right? Throw on a poncho (or don't!) and enjoy your vacation! If you're lucky, you'll also catch the Rainy Day Cavalcade in Magic Kingdom. This particular cavalcade has actually been in place for years, long before character cavalcades were the norm. It features a very catchy song and some of your favorite characters.
The parks clear out big time during a downpour. If you can wait out a storm, you'll be rewarded with cooler temps and shorter wait times as soon as it ends!
To get personalized touring plans, money-saving tips, travel hacks, and more, become one of my concierge clients. Want travel news, tips, tricks, and pixie dust straight to your inbox? Sign up for my newsletter below!
Breaking News from Walt Disney World and Disneyland
Beginning Friday, July 31st, face coverings will once again be required for all guests 2+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Guests will be required, regardless of vaccination status, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations and upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner. Disney's official statement is below.
"We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner."
I strongly recommend checking both Walt Disney World and Disneyland's "Know Before You Go" sections often, as information continues to be updated. Stay tuned for more travel updates.
I'm always looking for ways to keep folks in the loop with all-things travel. In my newsletter, I frequently share links to great travel finds on Amazon.
Below are the Top 10 most-purchased items by my readers this week. To sign up for my newsletter full of travel tips, news, and pixie dust, enter your email address at the bottom of this page!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
#1 - Personal Neck Fan
#2 - Adidas Fanny Pack
#3 - Stroller Fan
#4 - Water Bottle Carrier with Adjustable Strap
#5 - FUNKYMONKEY Sandals
#6 - Kids Travel Tray
#7 - AirPods & Case
#8 - Waterproof Kindle Paperwhite
#9 - Disney Carry-On Luggage
#10 - Headrest Hooks
FREE Vacation Giveaway!
Fairy Tale Concierge is giving away a FREE Universal Orlando vacation! (Yes, you read that correctly!!) To celebrate the return of travel, we are giving away a 3 night Universal Orlando Resort vacation for 4 people! No purchase necessary!
To enter to win the Universal Orlando vacation, please click here:
By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at
and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of most US states, and is void where prohibited by law, including the states of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Virginia. Former and current Independent Contractors and Employees of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses, children) and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 15, 2021, 9:00am eastern standard time and ending on April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time. All online entries must be received by April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at
. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 3-night, 3-day vacation for up to four people to Universal Orlando Resort in 2021.
This package includes:
• Three-nights accommodations at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel in a standard room
• Up to four (4) 3-day, 3-park tickets
• Your choice of a Fairy Tale Concierge agent to plan your vacation.
Valid for redemption most nights up to expiration date excluding holidays and some peak times.
Approximate retail value: $3000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Winner will be notified by Facebook messenger and a Facebook post within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FAIRY TALE CONCIERGE, LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC,, anyone acting on behalf of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are Sherry Lowe and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
13. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
14. By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Split Stays 101
Staying at 2 or more resort hotels during your vacation, also known as a split stay, is one of the best ways to experience Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort (or both!) But what exactly does that mean? And why should you do it? If you're asking yourself those questions, get ready for Split Stays 101!
A split stay requires at least 1 night's stay at each resort hotel that you plan to book. Split stays can be between 2 or even 3 resorts. If you choose to do a split stay at Walt Disney World, bell services will transfer your bags free of charge to your next Walt Disney World Resort Hotel. If you transfer from different Universal hotels, or split between Disney and Universal, you're on your own.
If you're looking for luggage for the kids (or kids at heart!), American Tourister has some adorable Disney luggage, including Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and BB-8! Not looking for character luggage? American Tourister also has this great 3-piece set!
Where to Split at Walt Disney World
The resorts you choose to split between are a completely personal choice. 99% of the split stays that I book are because of the following:
There are certain Walt Disney World restaurants that get all the (totally justifiable!) hype. Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, the list goes on and on. (In fact, I have an entire blog post dedicated to some of the best romantic restaurants!) Sometimes, those hard-to-get reservations elude us. I've found these tried-and-true hidden gem dining spots for those days where you're in a pinch and need a reservation quickly!
The Wave...of American Flavors is located at Disney's Contemporary Resort. If you're dying to check out the Contemporary, this is an exceptional hidden gem. Located just off the lobby, this spot has breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. The food is fresh and there's something for everyone...even for the pickiest of eaters! (Pro tip: if you're there for breakfast, order the sweet potato pancakes...then be prepared to fall in love!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe is located in the lobby at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort. Here, they're known for the phenomenal all-you-care-to-enjoy skillets for breakfast lunch, and dinner, though you can order an entree a la carte if you'd like. The name of this restaurant is definitely misleading, because this sounds about as far from "whispering" as you can get! Be prepared for some silly shenanigans from your waitstaff. (Of course, if you don't want to participate in the hijinks, just let them know! It's still a lot of fun to watch!)
I recently had the opportunity to visit Universal Orlando Resort to experience their health and safety measures in place firsthand! From hand sanitizer to face coverings to physical distancing...here's the real scoop!
Guests and team members are required to wear face coverings, plain and simple. Everyone, ages 2+, needs to wear a face covering that covers your nose, mouth, and chin. They must be secured with ear loops or be secured around your head. This means that, unlike Disney, Universal does allow neck gaiters. Bandanas are not permitted. On our trip, we noticed mask compliance 99% of the time. (A woman in line for Hagrid's removed hers multiple times while in line, as well as for the duration of the ride. She was stopped after the end of the ride by a Team Member. Cameras are everywhere.) Of course, removing face coverings is allowed while eating/drinking, as long as you're stationary and distanced from others. There are also relaxation areas, where mask breaks are permitted. (Find my face coverings infographic here!)
Temperature checks are performed daily, and corresponding colored wristbands are issued upon completion of that temperature check. One of the absolute best perks to staying on-site at a Universal Orlando Resort Hotel (we stayed at Endless Summer - Surfside Inn and Suites) was the fact that we were able to have our temperature checked at the hotel, rather than at the parks. This saved us a ton of time! Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater after 3 checks would be asked to seek medical attention and get medical clearance prior to being permitted to enter. I encourage all clients to pack a thermometer to keep in the room. That way, if anyone does register a fever, it isn't a surprise and you can seek medical attention immediately.