When the Disney Wish sets sail in Summer 2022, guests will be immersed in Disney’s rich legacy of enchanting storytelling. The Wish will bring life to the stories and characters of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars. Check out what the Wish has in store for us! Bookings for this ship will sell out Q U I C K L Y, so if you'd like to receive a quote when bookings become available in May 2021, please contact me!
Children ages 3 to 12 will enter the reimagined Disney’s Oceaneer Club. Including:
Every stateroom on board the Disney Wish will be a luxurious, peaceful retreat designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage and upscale amenities. Most will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept.
Setting Sail Summer 2022
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage — a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay — on June 9, 2022, followed by an inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to the same destinations from Port Canaveral, Florida. Due to the anticipated demand for the Maiden Voyage of Disney Wish, there will be some unique Terms and Conditions for this sailing only. Bookings open to the general public on May 27, 2021. More details about the Disney Wish are on the horizon. Stay tuned!
Your weekly news updates from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise Line. For more information, contact me! Let's dive in!
Walt Disney World
Disney MagicMobile service is now available on eligible Google Pay-enabled Android phones in addition to iPhone and Apple Watch. Disney MagicMobile service is a fun, easy-to-use new way for Guests to access MagicBand features like park entry through the power of their smart devices. Guests can create a Disney MagicMobile pass through the My Disney Experience app and add it to the digital wallet on their device to access available features.
Jungle Cruise Updates
You may soon notice the latest updates coming to the Jungle Cruise as you come around that final bend. Trader Sam is charting a new adventure along the river at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Parks.
The new scene is one of several that are interconnected and build on the original story and humor of the Jungle Cruise. The world-famous skippers will continue to present the unique adventure and interactions Guests expect. Once complete, Guests will learn more about the events that led up to this final scene. Stay tuned, as enhancements debut later this year!
Disneyland Park Gets Ready to Open "For the First Time in Forever"
The Disneyland Resort will be reopening both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks in what seems like “For the First Time in Forever.” After being closed for a year, the magic is finally returning and cast members eagerly await Guests’ arrival. Disneyland also shared a special moment as they prepare for a historic week welcoming back theme park Guests. In case you missed it, watch the replay for a glimpse of a shining symbol, reawakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland.
Disney Cruise Line
Palo and Remy Dining
When Disney Cruise Line resumes sailing, new dining options at Palo and Remy will be offered to provide Guests more options to enjoy specialty dining. Disney Cruise Line will now offer two dining options at Palo and Remy for dinner: an a la carte menu and a prix fixe menu.
Palo will reopen with this new structure with the upcoming summer 2021 voyages on the Disney Magic in the UK. Remy will follow when the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy begin sailing.
Very exciting news from Disney this week, including some hotel reopenings at Walt Disney World and exciting news about the newest addition to the Disney Cruise Line fleet! Remember, to stay up-to-date about all Disney and Universal news, be sure to sign up for my newsletter! (Link below the post!) If you're interested in booking a Disney vacation to experience the magic for yourself, contact me!
Walt Disney World
Resort Hotel Reopenings
While we did know about Disney's Beach Club Resort reopening May 30th and Disney's Wilderness Lodge (I've missed you!!!!) reopening June 6th, but we have an official reopening for Disney's BoardWalk Inn! The BoardWalk will begin accepting reservations for arrivals beginning July 2nd! I love the BoardWalk Resort, and couldn't be more excited to begin booking this one for clients again.
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort does not yet have an official reopening date, but plans to allow guests are still on track for late July 2021. Of course, future reopening dates of Disney Resort hotels are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.
Disney Cruise Line
New Ship Revealed!
The wish you’ve been waiting for will soon come true! Disney is getting ready to unveil never-before-released details of their newest ship – the Disney Wish – coming to the high seas in summer 2022.
Their grand unveiling, Once Upon a Disney Wish, takes place on Thursday, April 29 at 11 a.m. ET, and you can tune in on the Disney Parks Blog. This special 30-minute virtual presentation will give you a sneak peek at all of the magic that awaits, including a look behind-the-scenes with Walt Disney Imagineers and the creative team bringing the Disney Wish to life. It will also include special character appearances and surprise performances!
New Concept Art Released
The design of the Disney Wish centers around a motif that I’m sure we’re all familiar with… Enchantment!
It's been a big week for Disneyland, Adventures by Disney, and Aulani! Let's get into all of the exciting details that we've learned this week!
Disneyland Tickets and Packages Now Available for California Residents
Today, new theme park ticket sales have resumed, and guests without existing park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations. Hotel and package reservations for stays at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, as well as 37 Good Neighbor Hotels, are also now available. Until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, per state guidelines. Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park plan to reopen on April 30, with limited capacity.
Rise of the Resistance Details
Calling all members of the Resistance! Upon reopening the theme parks on April 30, a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be in place. The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and guests may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date.
Adventures by Disney
2022 Dates Now Available (plus a GREAT deal!)
2022 Adventures by Disney vacations are now available for booking! Discover a different kind of magic as you venture to some of the most fascinating destinations on earth. Adventures by Disney is returning to more than two dozen destinations around the world on six continents. Plus, any guests who book by July 15, 2021 can save $500 per person on select Adventures by Disney group land departures from March 11, 2022-April 1, 2023!
Moana is Returning to Aulani!
Moana is sailing back to Hawai’i to visit Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa once again! Disney’s Moana is an adventurous teen who teamed up with the demigod Maui on a daring voyage across the Pacific. Be on the lookout for Moana as you enjoy their own exciting adventure with your family at Aulani Resort. Aulani is a vacation paradise with a touch of Disney Magic, which is why so many Disney friends love spending time here!
Fairy Tale Concierge is giving away a FREE Universal Orlando vacation! (Yes, you read that correctly!!) To celebrate the return of travel, we are giving away a 3 night Universal Orlando Resort vacation for 4 people! No purchase necessary!
To enter to win the Universal Orlando vacation, please click here:
By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at
and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of most US states, and is void where prohibited by law, including the states of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Virginia. Former and current Independent Contractors and Employees of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses, children) and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 15, 2021, 9:00am eastern standard time and ending on April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time. All online entries must be received by April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at
. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 3-night, 3-day vacation for up to four people to Universal Orlando Resort in 2021.
This package includes:
• Three-nights accommodations at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel in a standard room
• Up to four (4) 3-day, 3-park tickets
• Your choice of a Fairy Tale Concierge agent to plan your vacation.
Valid for redemption most nights up to expiration date excluding holidays and some peak times.
Approximate retail value: $3000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Winner will be notified by Facebook messenger and a Facebook post within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FAIRY TALE CONCIERGE, LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC,, anyone acting on behalf of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are Sherry Lowe and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
13. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
14. By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Summertime (or hot weather season in Florida, which lasts much longer than summer!) brings its own set of challenges for the parks. Don't travel to Orlando without these items!
Water Bottle Strap
Carry your own water to the parks. I will say this until the cows come home! Don't pay upwards of $4 per bottle. Cups of water are F R E E at all quick-service locations. Use those to refill your own water bottle. I love this water bottle strap for carrying water with me! I don't like wasting precious park bag space for a bottle of water, but I always want to keep it nearby. A water bottle strap is an excellent alternative, plus it reminds you to keep sipping all day long.
Stroller & Personal Fans
A stroller fan will keep your little ones cool and comfortable. Just like how it sounds, you just clip it to their stroller and let them work their magic! For anyone over stroller age, you'll want a personal fan to carry with you. These neck fans are all the rage right now, and keep your hands free!
I was first introduced to these bad boys during a runDisney event, and now keep them handy for park days and long runs alike. If you're always hot, like me, you might even want to double up on these towels and a fan!
If you've got long hair, like me, you're going to be throwing it in a braid, ponytail, bun...anything to get it off your neck! I always carry these hair ties with me in the parks to get my hair off my neck. Between the humidity, heat, water rides, and afternoon downpours, my poor hair doesn't stand a chance staying down!
Of course, I always recommend that my clients bring hats, sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen (and aloe vera gel to be on the safe side!) Don't forget to reapply sunscreen throughout the day. (I've forgotten to do this, and I have photo evidence of my mistake!)
Other Ways to Beat the Heat
As you all know, I'm a big advocate for the mid-day break for a swim and a nap at the hotel. My 2021 hotel recommendations can be found here! Other ways to beat the Florida heat are indoor rides and attractions, lunchtime table service meals, or splash areas. (Though many splash zones are still currently closed.) All of my clients get my dining recommendations as well as touring plans to show them exactly where to beat the heat! Contact me to get all of my park tips and tricks!
What a week it's been! There have been some very exciting announcements from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Aulani, and Universal Orlando this week! Let's dive in!
Walt Disney World
Face Coverings Update
Beginning April 8, Walt Disney World will allow guests to remove their face coverings for outdoor photos! This exciting update means that, when outdoors, stationary, and using physical distancing, your family can remove face coverings for a photo! (One more reason to add Memory Maker on to your package!) Face coverings will still be required for guests 2+, and will still need to be worn indoors and outdoors. (Unless you're stationary, distanced, and actively eating and drinking, of course.) For more face covering tips, check out my tips for wearing face masks in the parks or my face mask tips for kids! These disposable masks are super inexpensive and easy for traveling!
Universal Orlando Resort
VelociCoaster Opening Date
The apex predator of roller coasters will officially be launching Thursday, June 10, 2021! Thrill-seekers will have the opportunity to soar 155 feet in the air and catapult up to 70 mph on Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster. Guests will encounter a series of intense maneuvers along the coaster’s 4,700 feet of track, including near-misses, a barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon, high-speed launches – the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds – and the signature “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80-degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet! Jurassic World VelociCoaster is located at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort. I can't wait!
Mardi Gras Extended
Due to continued popular demand, the good times will keep rolling as Universal Orlando Resort extends its dynamic celebration of flavor and entertainment, Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, through Sunday, May 2. You'll have even more time to enjoy this unique global food fest at Universal Studios Florida, featuring more than 100 food and beverage items inspired by Carnaval celebrations from around the world.
Character Breakfast Returning
Aloha Kakahiaka means good morning to you! This is not just a Hawaiian language lesson, but also a line sung during the character breakfast at Makahiki Restaurant, which will return on May 7, 2021! Mickey Mouse and his friends will join Aunty or Uncle for fun songs and entertainment while Guests enjoy a delightful three-course breakfast. Upon arrival at Makahiki, and throughout the breakfast experience, Guests will have an opportunity to take photos with Disney friends to mark the occasion! A bountiful breakfast will be available seven days a week at Makahiki Restaurant, with characters appearing on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. During the month of May, character dining will be exclusive to resort Guests only.
2022 Bookings Now Available
Booking is now available for Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa for 2022 vacations! Contact me today to get started on your Hawaiian paradise! (Plus, don't forget, 2022 Walt Disney World packages are also available!)
Disneyland Resort Reopening!
I'm so very excited to share that Disneyland Resort will begin its phased reopening on April 30th! Disneyland will use a park reservation system, like WDW, when it reopens. To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3+. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.
Here are some key dates to remember: