If you’re traveling to Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando anytime soon, grab these before you go! Many of these also make great stocking stuffers!
I only recommend products that I use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
#1 - Disney Luggage
You can't go wrong with luggage. This American Tourister set is the perfect way to kick of a magical vacation!
#2 - Ponchos
Okay, so this one doesn't seem very glamorous, but it's a must-pack item! Any visitor to Central Florida knows that those Florida downpours are an almost daily occurance. Don't be caught in one of those infamous afternoon storms without a poncho. (They also come in handy on water rides!) Traveling with a little one? Don't forget a stroller rain cover!
#3 - Portable Phone Charger
Do not leave for a trip without one of these! Your phone will be working overtime in the parks - joining virtual queues, mobile ordering food, checking wait times, and using Genie+ (on Disney trips!) Not to mention, your phone is still a phone, and you'll still need it for calling, texting, and taking photos/videos. I actually gifted this one to a few people last year!
#4 - Hair Ties
Special shout out to all of the other long-haired park visitors out there! Do not forget to bring hair ties to keep hair off of your neck! That Florida heat and humidity is no joke! I'm a longtime advocate of the Teleties brand.
Get 10% off your order with my code: PARTNER10
#5 - Water Bottle Strap
Don't waste precious park bag space with a water bottle! I like to carry mine on a strap, like this one, to keep my water close by and remind me to stay hydrated. A caribiner attached to a stroller works well, too!
#6 - Park Shoes
Keeping your feet comfortable can make or break your trip! You will be walking a lot. My holy grail park sandals are here, while my favorite tennis shoes are these ones. My husband only wears Brooks in the parks and recommends them to everyone!
#7 - Hanging Toiletry Bag
This is the exact one that I use! It holds a ton, and folds up compactly in my suitcase. (Not to mention, I love the blush color!)
#8 - Belt Bag
If a big park bag isn't for you, or you're visiting Universal, I highly recommend something small like a belt bag. I have a deep love for my Lululemon belt bags, but I also have this Adidas version and am loving this stunner from Pink Lily!
#9 - Park Bags
I'm a sucker for my Loungefly bags. You can find tons of these on Shop Disney, Boxlunch, Amazon, and more!
For more park bag recommendations, click here!
For a FREE park bag packing checklist, click here!
#10 - Printable Disney Planner
A printable Disney planning binder is the perfect gift! Not only is this one printable, but I also offer a digitally editable version in my Etsy shop! Both have 20+ pages of Disney planning printables to customize to your own preferences!
Universal Orlando Resort has released an amazing deal on tickets!
Right now, Universal is offering a buy 2 days, get 2 days FREE promo ticket!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
You can even upgrade to a 3-park ticket to include Volcano Bay for only $35!
This promo is only available through January 18, 2023. Tickets must be used by March 3, 2023. Certain black-out dates apply.
Contact me today to take advantage of this great Universal Orlando offer!
BIG changes are coming to Walt Disney World! Beginning Thursday, February 17, 2022, face coverings will become optional for fully vaccinated guests.
Face coverings will still be required for anyone ages 2+ on Disney transportation, including buses, Monorail, and Skyliner transportation.
Universal Orlando removed the face covering requirements for fully vaccinated guests on February 12, 2022.
Refer to the Operations and Safety updates from both Disney and Universal for the most updated information. Contact me with any questions!
Fairy Tale Concierge is giving away a Universal Orlando vacation, and the contest is LIVE!
Enter the vacation giveaway here.
As I shared earlier, Fairy Tale Concierge is giving away a 3 night, 3 day Universal Orlando vacation for one lucky winner. That winner will get to bring along 3 travel buddies, so make sure you share this with all of your friends!
The contest will be open until March 11, 2022. No purchase necessary. Good luck!
More details have been released about Fairy Tale Concierge's Universal Orlando Giveaway!
The contest will go live Sunday, February 13. To be eligible, you must be following my social media channels. That means that you'll need to follow my Facebook and/or Instagram page in order to win.
There is NO purchase necessary to enter. The contest rules will be posted on February 21 with the contest entry form.
The darker side of the Wizarding World will return nightly to Universal Orlando Resort beginning Saturday, September 18th!
This breathtaking show uses projection mapping, special effects, and lighting to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade.
As darkness falls in Hogsmeade, the all-consuming Dark Arts will be unleashed as ominous green light and fog floods the village. Death Eaters will appear and lurk amongst guests with complete disregard of wizarding laws.
Soon after, guests will witness sinister creatures and villains – such as Dementors, Aragog, Mountain Trolls, Thestrals and more – cloak Hogwarts castle in a display of light, music and special effects. Guests will be asked to summon their inner strength and bravely face the visage of the powerful Dark wizard, Lord Voldemort. Then, find a moment of hope hidden in the darkness as the Patronus spell – one of the most famous, difficult and powerful defense of the Dark Arts charms in the Wizarding World – is cast.
“Darks Arts at Hogwarts Castle” will run nightly with showtimes from dusk until park close this fall beginning September 18 in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Click here for more information or to book your tickets.
FREE Vacation Giveaway!
Fairy Tale Concierge is giving away a FREE Universal Orlando vacation! (Yes, you read that correctly!!) To celebrate the return of travel, we are giving away a 3 night Universal Orlando Resort vacation for 4 people! No purchase necessary!
To enter to win the Universal Orlando vacation, please click here:
By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at
and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of most US states, and is void where prohibited by law, including the states of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Virginia. Former and current Independent Contractors and Employees of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses, children) and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April 15, 2021, 9:00am eastern standard time and ending on April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time. All online entries must be received by April 30, 2021, 11:59pm eastern standard time.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at
. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a 3-night, 3-day vacation for up to four people to Universal Orlando Resort in 2021.
This package includes:
• Three-nights accommodations at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel in a standard room
• Up to four (4) 3-day, 3-park tickets
• Your choice of a Fairy Tale Concierge agent to plan your vacation.
Valid for redemption most nights up to expiration date excluding holidays and some peak times.
Approximate retail value: $3000. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Winner will be notified by Facebook messenger and a Facebook post within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FAIRY TALE CONCIERGE, LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC,, anyone acting on behalf of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC, and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TENNESSEE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are Sherry Lowe and Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC.
13. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Fairy Tale Concierge, LLC is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
14. By entering the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Split Stays 101
Staying at 2 or more resort hotels during your vacation, also known as a split stay, is one of the best ways to experience Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort (or both!) But what exactly does that mean? And why should you do it? If you're asking yourself those questions, get ready for Split Stays 101!
A split stay requires at least 1 night's stay at each resort hotel that you plan to book. Split stays can be between 2 or even 3 resorts. If you choose to do a split stay at Walt Disney World, bell services will transfer your bags free of charge to your next Walt Disney World Resort Hotel. If you transfer from different Universal hotels, or split between Disney and Universal, you're on your own.
If you're looking for luggage for the kids (or kids at heart!), American Tourister has some adorable Disney luggage, including Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and BB-8! Not looking for character luggage? American Tourister also has this great 3-piece set!
Where to Split at Walt Disney World
The resorts you choose to split between are a completely personal choice. 99% of the split stays that I book are because of the following:
Travel Tip: Stay Hydrated!
One of my TOP travel tips is a simple one, but one that many people overlook. STAY HYDRATED!
Drink water more frequently than you think you need to. (Just be stationary and in a designated area to do it!) Between the heat, the walking, the adult beverages, or any combination of those...it’s easy to become dehydrated quickly in the parks. Find a spot to sit and sip some water AT LEAST once per hour!
I always like to bring water bottle straps with me to the parks to remind me to hydrate! The one is this photo is one of my “vintage” WDW lanyards from the 90s, but Amazon has tons of options. Quick service locations will offer a free cup of water. Use that to refill those water bottles!
Do you have any other tips for staying hydrated in the parks?
The Best Park Bags for Every Guest
Your park bag is one of the most important parts of your trip. Whether you're traveling solo, with a family, riding rides, or shopping, I'm breaking down the best bag for each type of traveler! Just make sure you follow my only rule: ALL BAGS MUST ZIP!
For the Family Traveling Together: Full-Size Backpack
Invest in a great sturdy backpack. I have one from Thirty-One that I bought YEARS ago to use as a park bag, and still use it on every trip. (And yes, that's my maiden name embroidered on it! Told you I've had it for years!) This bag has two large zipper pockets to keep things organized, a smaller zipper pocket (great for snacks), two side pockets for water bottles, an interior zipper pouch, and the world's most comfortable shoulder straps. There's plenty of space to keep everyone's things organized and protected.